This project hasn't been updated in two years and isn't likely to ever
be worked on again. Feel free to use the code as per the license but there
will be no more work done on it by me.
Version 0.0.4 is now avaiable. There's nothing new at the moment
as I've been too busy at work, but I have fixed an important bug that
was preventing compilation of wmlc and wmlhtml under systems with newer
versions of libxml.
What is it?
wml-tools is a suite of small programs designed to help
in the construction of WAP WML decks. The suite currently
- wmlc - a WML bytecode compiler
- wmld - a WML bytecode decompiler
- wmlv - a very simple text-based WML deck viewer
- wbmp2xpm - a WBMP to XPM converter
- wmlhtml - a simple WML deck to HTML converter
- rdfwml - an RDF channel to WML deck converter
The overall project is still less than a week old, but each
tool is at a different stage :
- wmlc - can compile most WML decks so long as they
don't contain script variables as these are not dealt with yet.
- wmld - can decompile correctly every WML deck that I
have at the moment. Can deal with string table references and
- wmlv - understands the most basic tags only but can
give a quick indication of how WML decks can look.
- wbmp2xpm - can parse all WBMPs I have at the moment.
- wmlhtml - generates HTML which gives a good
representation of how WML decks will look. To become a CGI program
which will also convert inline images to allow WML to be browsed
from a normal web browser.
- rdfwml - can handle the Slashdot headlines.
Primary site :
To the non WML-related part of the site ...